Information regarding Corona
Last updated March 24th, 2020
Åre as a local community follow the recommendations and restrictions from Swedish authorities regarding the Corona virus spread. Today March 24th new restrictions came from the Public Health Agency of Sweden. The local businesses in Åre will now adjust their services in accordance with the new regulations for restaurants, bars and cafés. Now we and the individual companies need to get up to speed with what changes need to be made in line with these restrictions to minimize the spread of the virus.
Following the dialogue with concerned regional authorities the Public Health Agency of Sweden have today communicated that operating the lifts and ski resort can continue. They have at the same time given SLAO, the Swedish ski area industry association, the task to produce a plan for safety precautions in ski areas. SkiStar will practice thoroughly the plan from SLAO and continue the ongoing work with safety precautions to create a healthy environment for guests and employers.
The actions that are taken has a large impact on many local companies as well as residents and our guests. We must all take full responsibility for minimizing the virus spread. Show great precaution in social contacts and follow the sharp recommendations from Swedish authorities. Make an extra effort for each other and for our village!
Last updated March 22nd, 2020
Åre as a local community follow the recommendations and restrictions from Swedish authorities regarding the Corona virus spread. These are some examples of the safety precautions that the local businesses in Åre are taking to prevent the spread of the virus:
- After ski is cancelled throughout Åre, indoors as well as outdoors
- Number of seats in restaurants are decreased with 30-40%
- All seats and tables, surfaces and door handles are cleaned and disinfected regularly, buttons often touched such as credit card terminals are disinfected between customers
- Menus are switched to disposable ones so each client gets a new one
- Self-services and buffets are cancelled
- New restaurant hosts acting to limit the number of guests and help people keep their social distance
- Where queues form people are informed to keep distance between each other
- Take-away offers are extended and home delivery is offered
- Room service is offered without added cost
- Outdoor service areas and terraces are opened up
- All silver ware and plates etc are served by staff to minimize beeing touched by guests
- Wet wipes and disinfectant is placed out and offered to guests
- Information both inside and outside businesses about increased hygien routines
- Routines for staff about not beeing allowed to work if showing any kind of illness symtoms has been further increased
Further precautions from the lift operating company SkiStar:
- The cable car and the gondola lift are closed
- The gondolas on the VM8 lift are removed
- The wind shield hoods on lifts are locked in open position
- Lift lines are beeing narrowed and stretched out
- Limited number of people in the heated shelter houses
- The funicular Bergbanan runs with 50% less people
Vi continuously work to decrease the spread of the virus and we urge everybody to take their personal responsibility. Show great precaution in all social interactions, also in ski lifts, shops and restaurants. Make an effort for each other and for our village!
We ask EVERYBODY to:
- Stay at home or in your hotel room if you have even the least sign of any kind of cold symptom. Stay there until you are completely well and two more days. This way you can avoid infecting others.
- Wash your hands often and thoroughly with warm water and soap. Cough and sneeze into your arm. Avoid touching your eyes, mouth and nose.
- If you are in Åre and need medical care, only contact the local medical center by phone.
At the present there are no restrictions from Swedish Government specific to ski resorts. We stay in constant contact with health authorities and act on their restrictions and recommendations.
The tourism industry is affected severely and Åre will suffer from this in many ways. We are grateful for all your efforts to help us manage this situation. Thank you! ❤️
Information about Åre ski area
The Åre ski area will be open as long as no other recommendations apply.
Read more at Skistar Åre
Swedish government has legislated against public events gathering more than 500 persons. Operations within a ski area is according to SLAO (Swedish Ski Area Association) not to be considered as such a gathering of people.
Changes and cancellations
We refer to the companies you have made your reservations with for the correct booking terms concerning your reservations.
As representatives for the local tourism companies we ask you to change your reservations rather than cancelling them if possible as the consequences of this situation can become severe for the business owners and employees.
Since the Swedish government has legislated against public events gathering more than 500 persons many of the upcoming events in Åre will be affected. Stay updated about each event through the organizers communication channels directly. We update the event calendar runningly with information about changes.