On-Site Travel information
An easy way to get around Åre is to use one of the two car sharing services available. These electric cars can be rented hourly or daily and have several different pick-up locations in Åre.
E-go rents electric cars by the hour or daily with pick-up at several locations in and around Åre, e.g., at the train station. Download the E-go app, find the right car and book.
Aimo Share rents out electric cars by the minute, hour, or day. There are several Hotspots in Åre for pickup and free parking is included at Aimo’s parking lots. Longer bookings from Stockholm to Åre are also offered. Download the Aimo app, find the right car and book.
With Skistar’s ski bus you’ll get around the ski areas from Duved in the west to Björnen in the east. The ski bus runs in connection with the lifts’ opening hours. All skiers ride for free, as your ski pass is valid as a ticket.
Åre municipality is served by regular bus routes via Länstrafiken in Jämtland County.
Bus transports for private and group travel. saxvallen.se
Bus transports for private and group travel. topptaxi.se
Phone: +46 (0)647-220 20
Taxi Åre / Taxi Kurir
Phone: +46 (0) 647-100 22
Årebärgarn’s station is in Järpen and rents out cars in case of accidents and to visitors. Cars are not available for pick-up at the Åre Östersund Airport however delivery to Åre/Undersåker can be arranged or otherwise by agreement.
Phone: +46 647-61 14 65 | Mail: email@example.com
Europcar offers car rentals at the Åre Östersund Airport and in Östersund with several different car models. They have a few cars in Åre as well and can deliver to you upon to agreement.
Phone +46 63-57 47 59
Hertz offers car rentals in Östersund with several different car models. They can also drive cars to Åre upon agreement.
Phone: +46 63-575 028
Avis offers car rentals at the Åre Östersund Airport and in central Östersund.
Sixt offers car rentals at the Åre Östersund Airport and in Östersund with several different car models. They can also drive cars to Åre upon agreement.
Phone: +46 63-12 01 12 | Mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Mabi has unmanned car rental stations in Östersund – at Åre Östersund Airport, in central Östersund and at the Östersund Train Station.
Phone: +46 63-13 00 08 | Mail: email@example.com
On the way to Åre, you’ll find charging stations from Sundsvall in the east to Storlien in the west – here. While on-site in Åre, there are plenty of charging options for electric cars – look for this green icon in the map below.
The easiest way to find and pay for all parking in Åre village is through the MobilPark app. Parking in Åre is only permitted in parking areas marked with P-signs and almost all parking lots are subject to a fee.
There are both free and pay parking areas within Skistar’s facilities – by the lifts, ski slopes and cross-country trails, and you can also find and pay for these most easily with the MobilPark app.
RV Pitches & Parking
Pitch or park your motorhome or caravan in designated areas where services such as electrical sockets, access to water and facilities such as kitchen and toilet are available in certain areas. Toilet waste disposal is available at the rest area in Björnänge, just east of the Preem Supermarket. More information here.
- Björnen (Skistar) | 10 pitches
- Åre Camping | 74 pitches, approx. 40 have access to electrical sockets. Shower, toilets, kitchen with seating and drying rooms available.
- Ristafallet Camping | 30 pitches. Most have access to electrical outlets. Free Wi-Fi, toilets, shower, kitchen, and washroom facilities available.
- Åre Gamla Kyrka (Old Church) | Parking available in the large car park below Åre Church. No services available. (Valid only during the summer season)
- Skistar’s parking lot, west of VM8 | Park west of the VM8 lift, up by E14. No services available. (Valid only during the summer season)
- Åre Golf Club | Subject to spaces available in the golf club’s car park. No services available. (Valid only during the summer season)
- Tännforsen | Limited pitches, shower and toilets available in the service house.
- Vällistegården’s Campsite | Drive E14 towards Östersund and turn off towards Undersåker. Cross over the railroad tracks and the main bridge. The campsite is on the left after the bridge. Services available.