Food for Takeaway in Åre
Takeaway is a convenient way to enjoy everything delicious that Åre’s restaurants have to offer, even when all you want is to stay at home with your loved ones. Here you’ll find a long list of tips of takeaway options in Åre. For example, eating the classic Swedish dish Biff Rydberg from Wersén’s at home in front of the fire in your thermals and rag socks can be the ultimate comfort food experience.
- BaseCamp Åreskutan, HolidayShop in the heating cabin in Rödkullen, Kaffebaren at VM8an and Lilla Kaffebaren located in the lower station of the cable car all have takeaway for coffee and food in connection with the ski slope. They are open as long as the lifts are running.
- Boqueria Åre – Take Spanish boquerones and tapas home with you from here.
- Broken – Do they have the best burger in Åre?
- Brödernas Åre and Brödernas Duved – Order take away online and decide yourself at what time the food should be ready.
- Carins Krog in Björnen – Pizza takeaway. Order the Chef’s Box filled with recipes, ingredients and tools for real fine dining or catering with everything included is perhaps the most convenient solution.
- Copperhill Mountain Lodge – Order lunch as takeaway from their buffet or dinner from the All Timers menu with favourites such as the renskav.
- Fjällpuben – Offer a selection of items from their menu as takeaway.
- Granen – The entire menu can be ordered as takeaway. Don’t miss out on the meatballs!
- Grädda – Offers breakfast, lunch, Swedish fika and ice cream. Why not take dessert home too.
- Liten Krog – Menu with carefully chosen dishes from homemade meatballs to reindeer fillet
- Lounge – Take lunch of the day or something else tasty from the menu home to your cabin.
- Max Hamburgerrestaurang – Classic fast food in the central square.
- Millestgården Eco Lodge in Duved – Order and pick-up a 2 or 3-course dinner from their weekly organic menu.
- Mr French – French brasserie with, among other items, tartare and meatballs on their takeaway menu.
- Mrs Maggie – Well prepared food and sweat treats all day, located in Duved.
- O’Learys – Sports bar with a familiar menu where everything is available for takeaway.
- Parkvillan – Do they have the best burger in Åre?
- Pigo in Duved – Delicious pizza for takeaway.
- PIZZA – You’ll find the most classic takeaway at Liten Krog, Werséns, Lounge, Pigo and Carins Krog.
- Rautjoxa – Restaurant in the slopes, Rödkullen offers ready-made food kits that you can take home after a day on skis. Order in advance.
- Stationsvägen 16 – Burgers and other tasty dishes. They can also arrange home delivery if needed.
- Supper – Take home food inspired by the Latin American kitchen style.
- Verandan – Their restaurant Bakfickan serve a classical menu filled with favorite dishes to also bring home.
- Vinbaren – Their half-portion dishes are also excellent to take home.
- Werséns – The entire menu can be ordered for takeaway.
- Årehyddan – Offers takeaway on selected dishes with the option of ordering digitally.
- Åre Crêperie – Filling crêpes and galettes for takeaway.
- Åre Kafferosteri – Delicious, home-roasted and organic coffee, fika and sandwiches to take with you.
- Åre Ölcafé – Rustic and good food also available for takeaway.
TIPS: If you rather feel like bringing home some local produce to cook up a yummy meal there are plenty of places to visit. Take a food tour to see what Åre tastes like.
Swedish Food Glossary
Navigation & Useful Words
Bestick – Cutlery
Boende – Accommodation
Bokning – Booking
Bordsbokning or Boka bord – Table Reservation or Book a Table
Efterrätt – Dessert
Erbjudanden – Offers
Förrätt – Starter
Gaffel – Fork
Hitta hit or Hitta till oss – Where to Find us
Kniv – Knife
Kontakt or Kontakta oss – Contact or Contact Us
Meny – Menu
Nyheter – News
Restaurangen – The Restaurant
Servett – Napkin
Sked – Spoon
Smårätter – Small Dishes
Tallrik – Plate
Varmrätt – Main Course
Välkommen – Welcome
Öppettider – Opening hours
Bakelse – Pastry
Buffé – Buffet
Fisk – Fish
Fläskkött/Fläsk – Pork
Glass – Ice cream
Grädde – Cream
Hamburgare – Hamburger
Hemlagad – Homemade
Hjortron – Cloudberry
Kaffe – Coffee
Kaka – Cookie/Biscuit
Kött – Meat
Läsk – Soft Drink
Nötkött – Beef
Ost – Cheese
Pizza – Pizza
Saft – Lemonade
Sallad – Salad or Lettuce
Skaldjur – Seafood/shellfish
Surdeg – Sourdough
Te – Tea
Våfflor – Waffles (Swedish)
Ägg – Egg
When to Eat
Fika – Afternoon Tea
Frukost – Breakfast
Lunch – Lunch
Middag – Dinner
Where to Eat
Bar/uteställe – Bar
Takeaway – Take Away
Resturang – Restaurant
Äta – To Eat
Allergies & Diets
Allergi – Allergy
Ekologisk – Organic
Glutenfritt – Gluten Free
Laktosfri – Lactose-Free
Vegan – Vegan
Vegetarisk – Vegetarian
Jämtland – The Region in which Åre is located
Lokala råvaror – Local Produce
Närproducerat – Locally Produced
Åre by – Åre Town
Åre kommun – Åre Municipality
Last updated 4 September 2023