Igloo Åre – a cool place to stay
To spend a night in a snow igloo up at Mount Åreskutan is an unforgettable winter getaway experience.
Your stay starts with a warm drink, dinner and finally spa in the hot tub before it is time to curl up in sleeping bags in one of the igloos. Next morning you wake up to a cup of tea or coffee and breakfast in the wintry snowscape with a fantastic view over the valley.
Good to know
Igloo Åre is situated close to the lift VM 8:ans disembarking 1100 meters above the sea level, about 5 minutes from Åre Ski Inn. Igloo Åre is placed on the south side of Åreskutan. The weather here can vary, but inside the Igloo, the temperature is typically from -2°C to -4°C constant throughout the winter.
What to bring?
- Sturdy, warm winter clothing for outdoor use, such as downhill skiing.
- Sturdy, warm winter shoes.
- Warm gloves.
- Flashlight or headlamp.
- Dry, warm socks, warm long underwear or undergarments anywhere in wool.
- Towel and swimsuit if you booked dinner with jacuzzi.
- Toothbrush ( it is possible to brush without running water ).
- A small backpack or small bag for your luggage. Avoid large suitcases.
- Igloo Åre supply with sleeping bags, interior sheets and sleeping mats.
Do not bring: Large suitcases, sleeping bags and inner sheets.
More info & booking at iglooare.com
Last updated 20 November 2017